Spay and Neuter Clinics
The purpose of this clinic is to assist low-income people and senior citizens with the cost of having their cat spayed or neutered. The clinics are on the first Wednesday of every month at our facility. Please call to schedule an appointment.
- Cats must be at least 3 months of age
- Must have a current rabies vaccination or receive one the day of surgery (at an additional charge)
- Spay: $64, if she is in heat $73, if she is pregnant $81
- Neuter: $44
- All vaccinations, flea treatment, deworming, and bloodwork are also available at a lower cost
- An appointment must be made by calling our office at (207)-743-6441
- You will be given a time for an appointment the morning of surgery when the appointment is scheduled
- The cat must not eat anything after midnight the night/morning of surgery
- Each cat needs to be in its own carrier with a towel
- Bring an extra towel!
- Upon arrival, you need to check in with the receptionist.
- There will be many other people here with their kitties, please be patient!
- Each cat will be examined by the veterinarian before pursuing with surgery.
- If any sign of fleas is present your cat will be given Capstar, an additional $7, which will kill adult fleas for 24 hours. This is to prevent fleas being transmitted to other animal while being at the clinic today.
- Before leaving you will to sign a surgical consent form and leave a phone number where you may be reached during the day.